I’m so proud to share a guest post from my daughter, Britanie Faith of the Green Beauty Blog: https://beautybybritanie.com
For years, Britanie has inspired millions of women worldwide with her no nonsense, “get back to nature” attitude about beauty & wellness. I’ve learned a thing or two from her extensive knowledge! Thank you for sharing this DIY with all of us!
“This is what I call my “Emergency Face Mask” as I go for this whenever I am having some type of skin issue that arises. Unfortunately, like many, when I am stressed out, it shows in my skin. Whether through patches of eczema, dermatitis, breakouts, rashes, you name it, my stress can cause it! Thankfully I have learned how to better cope with stress and when it is unavoidable I know the remedies I can reach for that will provide almost instant relief!
The best thing about this mask? It contains TWO INGREDIENTS. The second best thing? It is 100% natural.
I love all of earth’s natural cures 🙂
Why It Works:
- Turmeric is incredibly anti-inflammatory. It has been used for centuries to treat
- Raw (or Manuka) Honey has been used for centuries to treat all sorts of ailments. It can be applied topically to heal wounds, rashes, skin burns, abrasions and other skin conditions. Raw Honey has powerful antioxidants which provide protection against free radicals that are known to be one of the main causes of aging. It is full of anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties properties which make it ideal for anyone suffering from acne. In cases of Eczema it has been shown to improve the condition very fast. Raw Honey promotes body and digestive health, is a powerful antioxidant, strengthens the immune system, eliminates allergies, and is an excellent remedy for skin wounds and all types of infections.
What You Will Need:
How To Use:
- Mix 1/2 to 1tsp Turmeric with 1tbsp Honey
- Apply to dry skin, massing gently all around your face (avoiding the eye area)
- Leave on for 15-25 mins
- Wash off with warm water
Because the Turmeric is an intense color, it will stain your face a tiny bit. BUT if you wash your face really well, it will come off. I would recommend applying an oil like Jojoba and then a gentle cleanse with a cleanser after washing off the mixture. This will help to remove any residue from the Turmeric. Make sure to moisturize well after washing off this mask.
Other Products I Use to Prevent Eczema, Acne & Irritated Skin Flares: I like to use an intensely hydrating cream after this or any other mask and right now my moisturizer of choice is the CV Skinlabs Calming Moisture Cream it’s rich enough to hydrate my skin but does not irritate my skin at all. It’s calming and helps to get rid of redness and dry patches! I use it daily and nightly. I also pair it with the CV Skinlabs Restorative Skin Balm and Rescue + Relief Spray in areas of extra need. These two have helped my skin tremendously. I also highly recommend May Lindstrom The Blue Cocoon for super reactive skin. a little of this balm goes a long way. Also the Evan Healy Whipped Olive Leaf Shea Butter – Besides being the best smelling product on earth, this delicious balm can be used in so many ways and for so many things. My favorite way to use this is as a cleanser. It leaves my skin feeling soothed and incredibly hydrated.”
Do you have any simple DIY skincare tips that you love and would like to share? Leave a comment below!
*Always use caution when testing out a new DIY recipe for your skin. Patch test on an area first before you apply anything new. Be careful of any skin sensitivity or allergies.
- I am not a health professional and all DIY recipes are for informational purposes only. I only share what personally works for me. Remember that all products (even natural ones) can cause allergies or sensitivities.
Note: This post contains affiliate links.