One thing many of us overlook in our quest for clearer, healthy skin is the simple practice of properly cleaning our makeup brushes!
Here’s what I do each week:
- I use Dr. Bronner’s Unscented Mild Baby Castile Soap and pour a small amount into a bowl. I also add a small amount of water. You can also use a mild natural shampoo.
- Dip the brush into the mixture until you create a lather. Use your hand to massage the brush and get the soap into each bristle and loosen the makeup and oils left behind on the brush.
- Rinse the brush under warm water until the water runs clear. Press gently to eliminate the water left on the brush. I then wipe the brushes back and forth on a clean towel to make sure all the makeup and skin oils have been released from the brushes.
- Next, lay them down on a clean towel to dry. I try and leave them in the sun just until completely dry for extra natural light cleansing.
- Voila, clean tools = clean skin.
I’ve noticed that after incorporation this very simple cleaning technique, not only has my skin been clearer, but my brushes last longer when properly cared for.
Clean Brushes ~ Clean Skin !